Friday 16 August 2013

Mug Rug Swap



This was a whole lot of firsts for me. My first mug rug, first quilting of anything and my first swap. 

It was also my first time in the quilt side of our local fabric shop... FUN!

 The theme of our mug rug swap was back to school which was a little tricky. Most things I could find for back to school ideas weren't something I would enjoy on a daily basis so I was happy to stumble across this tutorial. 
http://sew-fantastic.blogspot.ca/2011/03/mug-rug-tutorial-scrappy-colorblock.html?m=1


Tutorial in hand off to the quilt shop I went! 
I found a charm pack of Noteworthy by Sweetwater and a charcoal grey fat quarter and away I went. 

Really enjoyed making this (the binding was a little sketchy) and mailed it to its recipient yesterday. 

Hope she likes it!

This is also my first blog post so please be understanding as I get my bearings :)


No comments:

Post a Comment