Saturday 24 August 2013

An ugly project

Isn't it strange that we will spend hours working on something we don't even like? 
Of course this really means I am spending hours working on something I don't love the colors of. I do like the use black as the neutral. The colors used in it were fabrics I had and I did a sampler of random blocks mostly to learn a whole bunch in a short time. 

Which of course I did. 
I think that I need to sew slower and that sewing with pre cut quarter square triangles is a little bit ambitios for me right now. 
Also I'm sure that repetition of a single block would lead to a better product in the case of the trickier ones :)

Some blocks turned out good and some...well my sister will love it anyways. It's just her thing, loud and bright. Thank goodness for 13 yr old girls :) 

I have to add borders to the smaller blocks. Yes smaller, when I had the best block I'd done so far turn out 2 inches smaller than the others I just made 2 more the same size thinking I could work it in. Nope! So adding borders and then sashing... And then off we go!

*I have got to stop not publishing posts when I write them... Though this is in the same stage :)

No comments:

Post a Comment