Tuesday 1 October 2013

Day 1- doing it anyways

The title says it all. 

I fiddled and googled and was ultimately unsuccessful in linking up to the official 31 days linky. 
This will not stop me from completing my goal of a post a day in 31 days of sewing!

So today's post is fittingly about the very first step in sewig a project, preparation on materials. 
My younger sister (13) wants to be Wendy from Peter Pan, she asked me to do it, of course insaid yes. Off to fabric land we went, last weekend, and today I washed and dried the fabric and his evening I am ironing the worst of the wrinkles out of 3(!) yards of knit. 

Then opening the pattern (I bought a paper one, why did I do that instead of a PDF?) and reading the instructions. 

This already seems harder than a quilt block...




No comments:

Post a Comment